Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 01, 2013 Don't Let Me Come Home a Stranger by Jerome Clark and Robin Williams


This is how I ended my Easter blog a few years back and the best way to start in this one.
From Songwriter(s): Jerome Clark, Robin Williams.
"Don't Let Me Come Home a Stranger"

This is my fervent prayer.

Will there come a time when the memories fade.
and pass on with the long, long years,
When the ties no longer bind?
Lord save me from this darkest fear.
Don't let me come home a stranger,
I couldn't stand to be a stranger.

Paul Westerberg sang about having a dyslexic heart.
That's the way I feel about grace.
It's amazing, only my soul seems to be dyslexic.
I fear I once was found and now I'm lost.

I love the home and family I grew up in, around, and with.
I love my wife.
I know I have a chance at being found when I am near her.
But I am lost without her.
Please, don't ever let me come home a stranger.
Robin and Linda Williams say it best in this song.
From 1991 in a Garrison Keillor televised broadcast of their radio show.
I believe it was titled Prairie Home Companion 3rd Annual Farewell show.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment