Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 06, 2013 Why Did I Wait So Long by Shawn Lane



"Why Did I Wait So Long" by Shawn Lane from Ricky Scaggs CD "Brand New Strings"

Concerning  "Why Did I Wait So Long" Ricky Scaggs,writes the following....

"A good friend of mine told me the story of Lester Flatt's bedside conversion. He said Lester wanted to go to Sparta, Tennessee, his old hometown and be baptized. So they took Lester down to a little stream in his wheel chair and baptized him there. When Lester came up out of the water, he started to cry and said 'Oh why did I wait so long?' Lester just kept crying and saying those words over and over again.

I told this story to my friend, Shawn Lane, and it really touched his heart. So, Shawn wrote this beautiful song and it sounds a hundred years old. I asked Shawn to come in and sing on it with me.

Jesus said, 'You must be born again' (John 3:3). If you've never been born again, don't put it off - there is no promise of tomorrow (Acts 4:12; 2nd Corinthians 6:2) It's the most important decision you'll ever make because it is for all eternity."

God spoke to me a hundred times
He'd call my name, I would not go
Now I cry with joy on bended knees
Could have been this happy long ago

(CHORUS)
Why did I wait so long?
Why did I wait so long?
To answer the call, from the Greatest of all
Why did I wait so long?

God's been with me through troubled times
With hands not seen, He's guided my way
But my foolish pride and worldly things
Kept me from Him until today.



(CHORUS)

Why did I wait so long?
Why did I wait so long?
To answer the call, from the Greatest of all
Why did I wait so long?

(TAG)
Why did I wait so long?
To answer the call, from the Greatest of all
Why did I wait so long?
Why did I wait so long?


At my age, I seem to have a LOT in common with Lester Flatt (One half of the famous Lester Flatt Earl Scruggs duo that was immensely popular for decades.

Old Norwegians like myself tend to spend inordinate amounts of time with the following.....

1. Looking into the abyss.

b. Considering all possible alternatives

iii. Night Sweats.

No comments:

Post a Comment