Wikipedia

Search results

Friday, January 4, 2013

January 04, 2013 Dance Me to the End of Love by Leonard Cohen



Thank you to YouTube IDannapolyz for posting this great video.

Dance me to the end of love. ME, an old Norwegian. HA
Leonard Cohen, like Bob Dylan, is another old timer who still has a lot of Joie de vivre left in his unbelievably talented soul.
He, along with Dylan, is another one who I was blithely unaware of in my formative years until the mid 90's when I saw him for the first time on a PBS special. 

One song from that show, "Take This Waltz" absolutely stunned me, and that dance will certainly make an appearance at a later date on this dance floor.
I will never forget it. I think I wore out the old VHS tape on that show.

A very interesting contradiction, however, for an old Norwegian who can not dance, would not dance, and does not dance, to be enthralled by these two "dancing" songs. 

And....An Interesting word, enthralled. To be in thrall to........

Thrall(Old Norse: praell) was the term for a serf or unfree servant in Scandinavian culture
during the Viking Age. Thralls were the lowest in the social order and usually provided unskilled labor during the Viking Era.

Wow, I couldn't have found a more apt description of myself.
At least I wasn't a Troll, however I do like Grieg's music about them.

It should be fairly obvious to even (or odd) casual observers, that most of my knowledge, or what passes for it, is unable any longer (if ever) to be processed inside my brain, due to malfunctions in my soft hard drive (Hippocampus).
Nor can I store or retrieve much information properly, so I find Wikipedia does pretty good for a substitute, in cases of WBS.
That's Weak Brain Syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment