Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 02, 2013 I Like Your Way by Lynn Nesheim



Warning 
this Blog should not be viewed by any one over the age of 40, without the express consent and advice from their children.
 You will more than likely hear and see things that you did not think it was possible for one old Norwegian human being to think, do and say. This confusion could be considered hazardous to your mental health. Ha Ha.

I have writers' block.

So what does an old Norwegian do when that happens? 
He blogs, he babbles, he drools, he laughs at himself. 
Stuff, nonsense and pablum spewing out into the ether.
I am extremely adept at babbling about things, for which I know little or nothing at all.
If it weren't for Wikipedia, I'd be deaf dumb and blind but not a kid. Pete Townsend of The Who

I am obsessed. (I might also be possessed, but then, how would I know that?).
One of the things I am obsessed about is music.
A few years ago, in one of many failed attempts to manage my weight, I decided to use the 40 days of Lent as a diet plan. 
Since I needed something to occupy some of the time I had spent eating, I created my very first blog on my musical obsessions, which at that time, were mostly classical and largely oriented toward the piano. http://currentmusicalobsession.blogspot.com/
I was (and still am) totally obsessed with them, and, unfortunately for me, with eating also.

But this year, which I am assuming is the last year I will be able to think straight (or think curly for that matter John  Prine), called to me for new challenges with old obsessions, or if you prefer, old wine in new wine skins, which of course, is the inverse of what Matthew, Mark and Luke, said you should never do. 

So, its a new year. And, as most people make new resolutions, or turn over new leaves in their lives,
My plan is to turn over some old leaves. I'm going to look backward in an attempt  to express my appreciation for the life I have been given.
For the life that I have lived.

I hope very much, to do that with music.
Music that I'm obsessed with.
Music extremely top heavy with Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Petty, EmmyLou Harris, Warren Zevon, Townes van Zandt, Steve Earle, etc. etc.
Music from artists that I have accumulated an extreme appreciation for over the years. 

So, here goes nothin', and I do mean "Nothin'" Townes van Zandt

But, first, for something completely different. Monty Python.

I may as well start off with my most embarrassing musical limitations, shame and humiliation. haha

Here's a song I wrote for Mona last year.....

I will call these end-of-blog sections where I demonstrate my hubris and audacity by pretending to play the guitar  the ......Norwegia Section





No comments:

Post a Comment